The popularity of news media often has significant influence on people’s lives. Some people believe this to be a negative development. Do you agree or disagree?
Since the invention of modern media, news feeds have become an increasingly invasive force in the lives of all human beings. However, it is disagreed that the development of news media is negative. This will be shown by looking at how news media encourages both awareness and transparency within the world.
Firstly, modern media sources have made great inroads in the spreading of knowledge. For example, the Internet allowed (and continues to allow) the world to witness the uprisings of the Arab Spring. Had these images not been made available to a scrutinizing global audience, it is possible the entire phenomenon could have cost many more lives than it did. As this example shows, modern news media allows the human family to keep watch of each other and provide aid if it is needed.
In addition to this, news media sources have developed transparency and accountability the world over, which has done a lot to tackle corruption. Take the tragic high-speed train crash in China as an example. Despite trying to quickly bury the carriages involved, the Chinese government was forced to admit that serious corruption problems had plagued the project from the beginning. The healthy dialogues that the media coverage of this unfortunate event sparked will hopefully continue to encourage integrity within the Chinese government. It is for reasons such as this that news media should be thought of as a positive entity in the world.
After looking at how news media helps to develop awareness and transparency, its benefits can clearly be seen. It is hoped free press will continue to grow with the help of technology and modern tools.
Ryan’s recent IELTS posts
- How to respond to ‘discuss both views’ in IELTS Task 2 19 December 2020
- Are you repeatedly getting band 6? Try this… 6 December 2020
- How to start sentences in your IELTS essay! 16 November 2020
- 10+ High frequency Academic Task 1 verbs! 24 October 2020
- Important compare and contrast IELTS language 13 August 2020
- My ebooks have been updated for 2021! 12 August 2020
- A band 7.5 candidate shares his story! 26 July 2020
- My new ‘Repeat After Me’ IELTS Speaking course is FREE until the end of July 2020! 19 July 2020
- 2021 tips for Canadian PR applications 12 July 2020
- I tried teaching IELTS Writing using Minecraft! 19 June 2020
- Important 2020 changes to IELTS Listening! 16 February 2020
- These Task 2 topics were repeats! 4 February 2020
- Good vs bad IELTS essay structures 26 January 2020
- 1 million views and 1000 comments on this video! 23 December 2019
- IELTS Writing students do this because it works… 12 October 2019
- Every sentence in this IELTS essay has an error! 12 September 2019
- How to write the very first sentence in your IELTS essay… 30 August 2019
- Igor explains how he scored band 8.5 20 July 2019
- 3 Essential Techniques To Sounding Fluent In The Speaking Test! 14 June 2019
- Double action Task 2 questions are not that difficult! 19 May 2019
Listen to my IELTS podcast!