Write a letter to a friend who is looking for a part time job. Describe a job you have found for him/her. In your letter, include:
- What are the duties of the job?
- Why do you think it is a good job for your friend?
- What does he/she have to do to get the job?
It was so nice to catch up with you over coffee last week and hear your family and other endeavors are well. You had mentioned you are in the market for a new job and this is the reason I am writing you today.
Yesterday, I met up with Margaret, who owns that bookstore on Clarence Drive. She said that her business was really starting to grow and that she was looking for a new part time cashier. When I mentioned you were thinking of going back to work, she seemed very eager to contact you and talk about employment possibilities. Apparently the job would involve doing inventory, greeting customers and handling transactions. When I heard this, I thought you would be the perfect person, as you are so knowledgeable in literature and have cashier experience. Margaret told me the only thing you will need to do to get the job is to contact her to arrange a brief interview and provide her with your curriculum vitae.
I hope this opportunity piques your interest. If you need Margaret’s contact details, please let me know.
Ryan’s popular IELTS products
Ryan’s recent IELTS posts
- How to respond to ‘discuss both views’ in IELTS Task 2 19 December 2020
- Are you repeatedly getting band 6? Try this… 6 December 2020
- How to start sentences in your IELTS essay! 16 November 2020
- 10+ High frequency Academic Task 1 verbs! 24 October 2020
- Important compare and contrast IELTS language 13 August 2020
- My ebooks have been updated for 2021! 12 August 2020
- A band 7.5 candidate shares his story! 26 July 2020
- My new ‘Repeat After Me’ IELTS Speaking course is FREE until the end of July 2020! 19 July 2020
- 2021 tips for Canadian PR applications 12 July 2020
- I tried teaching IELTS Writing using Minecraft! 19 June 2020
- Important 2020 changes to IELTS Listening! 16 February 2020
- These Task 2 topics were repeats! 4 February 2020
- Good vs bad IELTS essay structures 26 January 2020
- 1 million views and 1000 comments on this video! 23 December 2019
- IELTS Writing students do this because it works… 12 October 2019
- Every sentence in this IELTS essay has an error! 12 September 2019
- How to write the very first sentence in your IELTS essay… 30 August 2019
- Igor explains how he scored band 8.5 20 July 2019
- 3 Essential Techniques To Sounding Fluent In The Speaking Test! 14 June 2019
- Double action Task 2 questions are not that difficult! 19 May 2019
Listen to my IELTS podcast!
Ryan’s paid IELTS products
- Join Ryan's IELTS Writing course! Buy 5 corrections with Ryan (save $25 USD!) $99.00
- 3 corrections with Ryan (save $10 USD!) $65.00
- Join Ryan's IELTS Writing course! Buy 1 correction with Ryan! $25.00
- IELTS General Task 1: How to write at a band 9 level (2021 version) $19.00
- IELTS Academic Task 1: How to write at a band 9 level (2021 version) $19.00
- IELTS Academic and General Task 2: How to write at a band 9 level ebook (2021 version) $19.00