What do you think would make a good conclusion to this essay? Leave your suggestion as a comment to this post. I will provide feedback to all entries submitted within the next 24 hours.
(This essay question was seen last month in the UK.)
Men and women employed in full-time jobs should share the responsibilities of household chores. Do you agree or disagree? Share relevant personal experiences.
With women demonstrating their ability to perform just as well as men on the global professional stage, it is no wonder that more and more men are taking on the responsibilities of domestic life. I feel that all household chores should be distributed evenly between dual income couples. The virtues of this arrangement will be shown by looking at the positive effects it has on both children and the relationship quality the married couple experiences.
For one, parents who share housework provide a good example to their children of the importance of empathy. For instance, while working in Dubai, I taught English to children of several dual income families. These children were very proactive when it came to helping their parents with household duties. Looking back, I feel these children acted in this selfless manner in response to the living models their parents provided. As this example shows, parents who equally shoulder the burden of household duties pass on worthy character traits to their children.
In addition to this, the relationship quality married couples experience can benefit from their sharing in the challenges of day-to-day life. For example, although my own mother never worked, she was always very gracious of my father when he would take the time to help her with duties around the house. This sharing in hardship helped to strengthen my parents’ union and acts as yet another benefit to the equal divvying of household duties between married couples.
After looking at how equal burden can benefit a married couple’s children and relationship, it is clear that this is an opinion that should be supported. ___________Insert your sentence here!____________
Ryan’s popular IELTS products
Ryan’s recent IELTS posts
- How to respond to ‘discuss both views’ in IELTS Task 2 19 December 2020
- Are you repeatedly getting band 6? Try this… 6 December 2020
- How to start sentences in your IELTS essay! 16 November 2020
- 10+ High frequency Academic Task 1 verbs! 24 October 2020
- Important compare and contrast IELTS language 13 August 2020
- My ebooks have been updated for 2021! 12 August 2020
- A band 7.5 candidate shares his story! 26 July 2020
- My new ‘Repeat After Me’ IELTS Speaking course is FREE until the end of July 2020! 19 July 2020
- 2021 tips for Canadian PR applications 12 July 2020
- I tried teaching IELTS Writing using Minecraft! 19 June 2020
- Important 2020 changes to IELTS Listening! 16 February 2020
- These Task 2 topics were repeats! 4 February 2020
- Good vs bad IELTS essay structures 26 January 2020
- 1 million views and 1000 comments on this video! 23 December 2019
- IELTS Writing students do this because it works… 12 October 2019
- Every sentence in this IELTS essay has an error! 12 September 2019
- How to write the very first sentence in your IELTS essay… 30 August 2019
- Igor explains how he scored band 8.5 20 July 2019
- 3 Essential Techniques To Sounding Fluent In The Speaking Test! 14 June 2019
- Double action Task 2 questions are not that difficult! 19 May 2019
Listen to my IELTS podcast!
Ryan’s paid IELTS products
- Join Ryan's IELTS Writing course! Buy 5 corrections with Ryan (save $25 USD!) $99.00
- 3 corrections with Ryan (save $10 USD!) $65.00
- Join Ryan's IELTS Writing course! Buy 1 correction with Ryan! $25.00
- IELTS General Task 1: How to write at a band 9 level (2021 version) $19.00
- IELTS Academic Task 1: How to write at a band 9 level (2021 version) $19.00
- IELTS Academic and General Task 2: How to write at a band 9 level ebook (2021 version) $19.00