(This model Academic Task 1 answer was written in response to a question seen on an IELTS exam held in Ireland in April of 2012. Please leave your suggestion as a comment to this post.)
___________Insert your sentence here!____________. Consumption for all countries varied between 1800 and 3350 calories and the differences seen do not appear to be sensitive to continent.
Perhaps not surprisingly, the country with the highest caloric intake was the United States, with a staggering 3350 calories consumed per day on average. Not far behind was New Zealand, where people consumed about 3200 calories per day during the year in question. Intakes for Spain and Mexico were slightly higher than 2500 calories per day. On the lower side of the spectrum were countries like China, at 2200 daily calories, India, as 2100 daily calories, and Somalia and Indonesia, both at roughly 1800 calories per day. When comparing the highest and lowest values, it appears as though Americans in 2003 ingested almost twice as much food as Indonesians.
The values presented in this graph are thought to be reflective of the diet, lifestyle and culture of each country.
Ryan’s recent IELTS posts
- How to respond to ‘discuss both views’ in IELTS Task 2 19 December 2020
- Are you repeatedly getting band 6? Try this… 6 December 2020
- How to start sentences in your IELTS essay! 16 November 2020
- 10+ High frequency Academic Task 1 verbs! 24 October 2020
- Important compare and contrast IELTS language 13 August 2020
- My ebooks have been updated for 2021! 12 August 2020
- A band 7.5 candidate shares his story! 26 July 2020
- My new ‘Repeat After Me’ IELTS Speaking course is FREE until the end of July 2020! 19 July 2020
- 2021 tips for Canadian PR applications 12 July 2020
- I tried teaching IELTS Writing using Minecraft! 19 June 2020
- Important 2020 changes to IELTS Listening! 16 February 2020
- These Task 2 topics were repeats! 4 February 2020
- Good vs bad IELTS essay structures 26 January 2020
- 1 million views and 1000 comments on this video! 23 December 2019
- IELTS Writing students do this because it works… 12 October 2019
- Every sentence in this IELTS essay has an error! 12 September 2019
- How to write the very first sentence in your IELTS essay… 30 August 2019
- Igor explains how he scored band 8.5 20 July 2019
- 3 Essential Techniques To Sounding Fluent In The Speaking Test! 14 June 2019
- Double action Task 2 questions are not that difficult! 19 May 2019
Listen to my IELTS podcast!